I’m relaunching this newsletter! Here’s some stuff you may have missed and you should know.
THE COVID COUNT
According to Johns Hopkins University, today’s COVID-19 U.S. death count is approx. 448,000. That’s roughly the population of Virginia Beach, VA.
Approx. 2.25 million global deaths total. That’s roughly the population of Houston, Texas (my hometown)
Approx. 26.4 million U.S. cases total, that’s roughly the population of Texas.
From Today’s Business Brief:
Senator Elizabeth Warren is slated to introduce legislation calling for a wealth tax. Meanwhile, Spotify's paid subscriber base grows to 155 million. Here are the big business news stories dominating the headlines on this Wednesday. Remember you can catch this on select ABC, CBS, CW, Fox and NewsNet affiliated stations.
**Thanks to NewsNet’s Northern Michigan affiliate for posting it on their Youtube**
FIVE STORIES THAT SHOULD BE ON YOUR RADAR
1. Healthcare Workers Stuck in Snowy Traffic With Expiring COVID Vaccines Go Car to Car Offering Them to Drivers (Good News Network)
2. EXCLUSIVE: Attorney Lin Wood under investigation over whether he voted illegally in November, officials say (WSB-TV)
3. The US Needed More 24/7 Vaccine Centers Yesterday (Courier) **I wrote this**
4. When Can You Trust At-Home COVID-19 Tests? (Observer) **I wrote this**
5. Will Forte Is Sorry for the Pandemic Jokes in ‘Last Man on Earth’ (Observer) **I wrote this**
Every edition we will share a movie, clip, song, antidote or something that we’re into right now to help distract you from all the noise in the world. Here’s what we got for today:
Acid Jazz & Grooves Radio 24/7
Have a suggestion? Send it our way.
Want to advertise? Get in touch here
Want more stories like this? We need you to support our independent journalism. Subscribe to our premium publication and get access to more independent journalism. We can only do this with help from readers like you.
News tips, pitches, questions, concerns, and/or hate mail?
Email me: email@example.com //// for encrypted messages DM on Twitter for Signal.
#SHAMELESSPLUG Subscribe to my substack if you’re not already.